Skip navigation
hamerpix
Currently Being Moderated

xmp edits not recognized after clicking "done" in ACR or Bridge

Mar 1, 2013 1:16 PM

Tags: #xmp #acr

.cr2 files... i open them in either Bridge or Photoshop to the ACR panel, make changes, click DONE.  when i reopen them to, say, make futher changes or process a whole bunch of files, all settings are back to default, all adjustments forgotten.   this seems to happen often, but NOT always.  weird.

using MAC  10.6.8     photoshop CS6 with latest updates installed.... this has happened for awhile, though...  cannot find a suitable answer on the forum. JEFF SCHEWE? OBIWAN KANOBI?  anyone?  this is FRUSTRATING

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 1, 2013 1:29 PM   in reply to hamerpix

This symptom can result if the file-modification date of the XMP file is OLDER than the RAW file and the XMP already exists before opening in ACR, so “touch” or otherwise edit the xmp files so that they have the current timestamp.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 1, 2013 2:42 PM   in reply to hamerpix

There have been a few users that have exactly your problem, raw edits do not take, on some, but not all images.  In  those cases it turned out the camera clock setting was an hour or two ahead of time so the program would not make in changes.  Computer figured the pictures had not been taken yet and you can not edit for future possibilities I guess.

Anyways syncing the camera to correct time worked so edits would be executed.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points