Skip navigation
MGSparkle
Currently Being Moderated

Ram preview doesn't play all audio?

Mar 1, 2013 4:26 PM

So I import an audio file, tried both mp3 and wave, and I convert audio to keyframes but when I ram preview it stops itself a few seconds in. The audio clip in this case is over a minute long but ram preview keeps looping only a few seconds in. What gives?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 1, 2013 2:01 PM   in reply to MGSparkle

READ the FAQ on the home page of this forum or do a search. This is probably the most common newbie question we get here. To hear audio you must do a ram preview. The space bar does not do a ram preview. Use the Preview Panel or the 0 on the numeric keypad.

You've got to start with the basics. AE is not a program you can just launch and start using. You have to learn the basics first.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 1, 2013 2:25 PM   in reply to MGSparkle

Amen to what Rick wrote!  Learn the basics, or blow them off at your peril.

Another thing:  Mp3's aren't the wisest choice to use in AE.  I recommend converting them to wav or aiff files first.... and don't use AE to do it.  Use something else.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 1, 2013 3:16 PM   in reply to MGSparkle

Y'know, rather than relying on Google, you ought to check out the AE FAQ List

If you think your problem is unique, you're sadly mistaken.  

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 1, 2013 4:52 PM   in reply to MGSparkle

I think I just figured this out. You're using the . key on the numeric keypad to preview your audio. The length of the preview is set in your preferences. I have mine set to 5 minutes even though I seldom use this feature.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points