Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Sharing to the web

Mar 2, 2013 2:22 PM

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 2, 2013 2:22 PM   in reply to Community Help

Were is "publish and Share"??? I can not find it in the video editor.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 2, 2013 2:40 PM   in reply to RayGoLXXV

Upper-righthand corner of the GUI:

Publish+Share.png

It works as a drop-down.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 2, 2013 3:06 PM   in reply to Bill Hunt

You can also find my information on the basics of this program by checking out my free 8 part Basic Training tutorials at Premiere Elements support site Muvipix.com.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/537685?tstart=0

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 2, 2013 4:44 PM   in reply to Bill Hunt

Found it right after posting that question... Thank you

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 10, 2013 11:55 PM   in reply to Community Help

Premier Elements 7 does not allow me to upload a movie onto YouTube if it is longer than 10 minutes although YouTube allows me to upload longer movies direct.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 11, 2013 5:08 AM   in reply to Bill Oxford

Yes. That is correct, Bill.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 11, 2013 7:10 AM   in reply to Bill Oxford

Unfortunately, YouTube continues to evolve, and the phases of that evolution are not in sync with PrE, i.e. PrE gets hard-coded and released, then YouTube makes a major change, like adding Extended Accounts, that up the Duration of a posted file. With a release life-span of ~ 12 mos., it is not until the next version of PrE, that some such features are included. Even PrE 11 still has that old (now) 10 min. Duration limit. I assume that PrE 12 (in development now), will allow for Extended Accounts in some way.

Until then, there IS a simple workaround - just Publish+Share the file with the YouTube Presets, and manually upload to YouTube, through one's Extended Account.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 22, 2013 8:20 AM   in reply to Bill Oxford

Bill Oxford

From what you wrote, you appear to be using Premiere Elements 11 (for now assumed on Windows).

You wrote:

Premier Elements 7 does not allow me to upload a movie onto YouTube if it is longer than 10 minutes although YouTube allows me to upload longer movies direct.

And SG responded true.

Please note, if you have Premiere Elements 11, you now have max duration of 15 instead of 10 minutes for the upload of your Premiere Elements 11 Timeline content to YouTube from within the program.  But no more than 15 minutes if you do the upload from Premiere Elements 11 Publish+Share/Online/YouTube. Not sure how Premiere Elements 7 came into the question.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 22, 2013 8:27 AM   in reply to Bill Hunt

Hunt

Could you revisit what you wrote

it is not until the next version of PrE, that some such features are included. Even PrE 11 still has that old (now) 10 min. Duration limit

I have not found that to be the case for my Premiere Elements 11 on Windows 7 or 8 64 bit.

PublishShareOnlineYouTube.JPG

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 29, 2013 6:54 AM   in reply to Bill Oxford

Premiere Elements youtube upload limit seems to be hard coded rather than being dynamic(according to what allowed for different accounts by Google), PrE 11 allows videos upto 15 minutes(most common upload limit) to be upload. However there are Google accounts through which you can upload much longer videos on youtube.com(but not through PrE)

In such a case, i would suggest you export your movies to your local computer through the presets Share->Computer->AVCHD->Youtube presets, and then upload them to Youtube.com through your browser.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 29, 2013 10:10 AM   in reply to A.T. Romano

Good to know that Adobe DID increase the allowed Duration, if one has the proper Google/YouTube account.

Now, Google/YouTube seems to have introduced even higher-level accounts, so one could still hit a Duration limit, with direct upload to YouTube.

Thanks,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 29, 2013 10:15 AM   in reply to Nash_John

John,

Hello and have not seen you around for a bit.

Until ATR informed me of the change, with PrE, I assumed that it was still limited to 10 mins., regardless of the Google/YouTube Account type. Nice to see that Adobe has hard-coded a longer Duration limit into the program.

As Google/YouTube Accounts increase in Duration length, once one does reach whatever the Adobe limit is (usually based on the Accounts at the time that the program is written), your suggestion is the best workflow - Export/Share/Publish to a YouTube Preset, then manually upload the output file, through one's Google/YouTube Account.

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points