Skip navigation
emarinee1
Currently Being Moderated

Help copying movieclip timeline onto Scene timeline for .mov export

Mar 2, 2013 4:27 PM

Tags: #cs5 #flash #export #swf #flash_cs5 #flash_professional #movieclip #animation #stage #timeline #mov_files #.mov #scene

Hi,

I am running CS5 Flash on a Macbook Pro, version 10.6.8.

I am trying to convert a .swf file to a .mov from an animation I created. I already tried the basic "export" options in Flash but it only exports the "Scene 1" first frame and not the actual movieclip (648 frames) that I created which is placed in Scene 1. From the videos online/ websites I have gathered that I need to copy the movieclip layers onto Scene 1 and then export that normally. While I can do that (highlight the layer in the movieclip timeline, right click copy frames and then paste that layer in Scene 1), the pasted locations on the Stage of the layers are off from the original (movieclip). Is there a quick way to move all of the timeline layers (frames) on the the Scene 1 without losing their location on the Stage? Is there a way to just export the movieclip to .MOV directly without messing with the parent Scene 1?

Thanks in advance!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 2, 2013 4:45 PM   in reply to emarinee1

I haven't used this feature enough times to feel confident in explaining it, but I believe if you select all of the frames/layers you want to modify, you can select the tool indicated in the image below and it will allow the change to affect all selected.

icon.jpg

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 2, 2013 5:18 PM   in reply to emarinee1

That's not the onion skin tool.  The onion skin tools are the white one to the left of it, and the white and gray one to the left of both.  The one slected is labeled... "Edit Multiple Frames"

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 2, 2013 6:04 PM   in reply to emarinee1

I would have done it the way I indicated.  Select everything (manually) and choose the Edit Multiple Frames button.  I have only had the need for it once recently and it did what I hoped it would, tough in my case I think I did a resize rather than a relocation.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 3, 2013 12:15 PM   in reply to emarinee1

Can't you just make the MovieClip into a graphic (on the stage--it doesn't matter if the symbol in the library is one or not) and then click on frame 645 on the main timeline and press F5 so you have enough frames in the main timeline to show the whole length of the Graphic?

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 3, 2013 12:40 PM   in reply to emarinee1

If you stretched it the main timeline enough to show all 645 frames and it didn't animate, that implies that there's further nesting inside that you need to account for. You'll need to turn those embedded MC's into graphics as well and stretch them out to full length.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 3, 2013 12:52 PM   in reply to emarinee1

YW

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers