Skip navigation
NerdkoSleazy
Currently Being Moderated

Help! My premiere elements 11 freezes when I go to edit a design every time.

Mar 26, 2013 11:00 AM

Tags: #photoshop #not #adobe #working #elements #6 #11 #freeze

I recently got a new laptop with windows 8. I installed photoshop elements 6 on it. It was freezing up so I went ahead and upgraded to 11. Same thing I go to load a design and it just freezes. I end up having to shut it down and load everything back up and it just freezes again. Every other program seems to working fine but my photoshops. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 3, 2013 8:54 PM   in reply to NerdkoSleazy

Can you please elaborate on what you mean by Freezes?

Does it not launch or gives you any error messages?

Are yoiu able to open images and perform edits?

Few tips:

1) Go to Editor > Edit > Preferences > Performance - check the memory allocated to the application. in case you find it less or you can allot more to it( w.r.t. the memory of your system), increase it to improve performance

2) Go to Task manager  > Processes and try to see the kind of memory the applications are taking(sort by memory) and kill if you are not using the applications but are still running in the background.

3) When not using, quit the application and relaunch when needed, Memory engaged by the application will be released

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 9, 2013 8:00 AM   in reply to Swarnima

I have an iMac and every time I try to use the video maker elements 11 freezes and will not load the clips.  I have to force quit the program.  I have tried to only load one short clip same thing from iPhoto.  This program sucks for macs and i am going to ask for a refund.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 9, 2013 8:48 AM   in reply to Leslie Sof

Hello, Leslie. Since your question is about Premiere Elements, you will get better help if you ask your question in the Premiere Elements forum, which is here:

http://forums.adobe.com/community/premiere_elements

Good luck!

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 26, 2013 11:14 AM   in reply to NerdkoSleazy

>photoshop elements

Since this is the Premiere Elements forum, you need to go to the http://forums.adobe.com/index.jspa and find the correct forum

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points