Skip navigation
bugjah
Currently Being Moderated

cannot double click symbols to "edit in place"

Mar 2, 2013 6:32 PM

weird.  all of the sudden all of my symbols are no longer clickable to be able to enter the symbol editor and edit in place.

BUT I can right click and edit in place.

You know how the hit area of symbols generally shows on the stage as a light blue/grey transparent area?  I don't see that.  If i use the select tool to select the place where I know the button is, it shows up as a clear box (no blue/grey transaprent area), which, likewise, is not clickable.

What happened?  Ay ideas appreciated

-bug

edit: sorry forgot to mention, Flash CS5

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 2, 2013 6:44 PM   in reply to bugjah

Can you show a screenshot that supports what you are trying to explain regarding clear boxes?

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 2, 2013 7:33 PM   in reply to bugjah

In the Control option of the top menubar see if the "Enable Simple Buttons" option is selected, and if so, deselect it.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 2, 2013 7:41 PM   in reply to bugjah

I checked everything I could and wasn't able to reproduce the problem and was about to post my defeat.  Your mention in the other posting of the button behaving like a button on the stage is all I needed to hear for a light to go on.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 3, 2013 12:08 PM   in reply to bugjah

Another thing you can do that makes this irrelevant is to add a keyboard shortcut for "Edit in place."  This is really handy for lots of reasons, such as if the object you are trying to edit is behind something else or has no content on frame 1 (or you have the Text tool selected).  I use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl-Alt-Shift-E.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points