Skip navigation
Hicky3d
Currently Being Moderated

CS2 - What's the Shelf Life of Adobe Software?

Mar 3, 2013 12:50 AM

Tags: #cs2_serial #cs2_activation

Hi...got a bit of a problem,

I purchased and registered my legitimate copy of CS2 sometime ago (time being irrelevant), i have the disc and serial number and have enjoyed using it on my 'XP' (i like XP as much as CS2!) computer...i like to do a clean install every now and then and re-load my programs...here lies the problem, CS2 after install using the original legally purchased disc is asking for an activation serial number, using the original won't work anymore as it can't be activated due to Adobe de-activating its server...i have down-loaded the Adobe 'free' give away (yes...Adobe encourages piracy of it's own products?) and linked it to the 'free' serial number that comes with the 'freebie CS2' give away...this gives a 30 day grace period then the program quits due to an activation request even when re-entering the given serial number as it needs activating via Adobe servers. The CS2 install was done correctly, the program asked for my e-mail which is part of the Adobe 'help yourself' to our software promotion etc which was accepted....(Q) Do i have to remove and re-install my legally purchased software every 30 day's because Adobe thinks it's old? (Q) Should a so called reputable company like Adobe use these tactics to 'force' people to upgrade? (Q) Why should my purchased copy have a shelf life (supported or un-supported) and is this 'under hand' approach to software usage rights legal?

Maybe software piracy isn't so wrong after all if Adobe treats the legal consumers of it's products in such a way?   

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 3, 2013 8:56 AM   in reply to Hicky3d

Here is a link that has several links within it on how it needs to be set up for it to work correctly.  http://blog.conradchavez.com/2013/01/07/adobe-cs2-free-for-all-not-qui te-and-what-it-really-means/

Hope this helps to get you up and running.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 4, 2013 5:30 AM   in reply to Hicky3d

Sorry to be so late to the game. I saw this yesterday (Sunday), but had to wait until I got into work today to check my facts.

Something has gone wrong with your installation. We have one ancient machine still running CS2 hrere at work (why, I don't know). Anyway, I had to load the 'new' version of CS2 on it a while back and, when I checked this morning to be certain, it has now been running successfully for 36 days without asking to reactivate.

The only thing I can think of would be to completely uninstall, run the CLEANER TOOL, and try again.

I hope you can get it working again.

--OB

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points