Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Gradient Stroke Blends

Mar 3, 2013 3:45 AM

Hi. I like the Gradient Mesh a lot and am wanting to break the mesh down to gradient strokes. I'm not able to do that. So I thought I would try to work around it by trying to blend two gradient strokes. The result is what appears to be an envelope and interestingly enough the image is close to the Gradient Mesh. But I am still unable to get the gradient strokes from expanding my object. Doesn't Illustrator have the feature to blend two gradient strokes?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 3, 2013 3:52 AM   in reply to scribbles2day

You'll need to explain further.

I can create 2 strokes with gradients and blend between them. Then expand the [b]object[/b] and get gradient strokes. The main restriction is that it appears all blend generated strokes have the "within stroke" applied and with the live blend, you can't change that regardless of how the original strokes are set.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 3, 2013 4:06 AM   in reply to scribbles2day

There's something you're not realizing and explaining. The basic steps work....

Snap_001.png

Snap_002.png

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 3, 2013 4:20 AM   in reply to scribbles2day

Okay.. it seems that any gradient option other than "within" does not expand as it should. All blend steps are drawn with the "within" option and only the "within" option allows expanding.

Looks like a bug or missing functionality. Nothing you can do about it until Adobe fixes it.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points