Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

how can i animate .jpg image?

Mar 3, 2013 6:48 AM

Tags: #animated_jpg

hi

how can i animate images which i edit in GIMP?

i mean, i have 1 video clip showing a tree. and then i have 1 .jpg image of an airplane

how can i make that airplane from jpg image to appear in the video showing the tree? i want to make that airplane crash into the tree and explode.

i see a lot of similar stuff on youtube (like "cyriak animation mix")  but i don't know what this technique is called. animation of still images? google search gave me lots of dubious results, none of them came straight to the point.

all i know it involves some manipulation of keyframes but i need to know more keywords to further research this technique. or better yet - find a decent article explaining basics.

can somebody help?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 3, 2013 10:14 AM   in reply to eiknachui

First, you will probably want to Key out the background around the plane. Look into Chorma Key, or one of the other Keying Effects in PrE, depending on how the plane was shot, or created. If you created it, you can probably Mask out any background, and Save_As a format, that support Transparency, such as with an Alpha Channel Mask.

Then, with the plane on a higher Video Track, than your tree, use the Fixed Effect>Motion>Position to Keyframe the Position of the plane, moving it across the Frame. Steve Grisetti has a great Learning Series on Basic Keyframing and Advanced Keyframing, available at Muvipix.com: http://www.muvipix.com/products.php?searchphrase=Basic+Keyframing&btn. x=-1091&btn.y=-78

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 3, 2013 4:24 PM   in reply to Bill Hunt

You also don't say which version of Premiere Elements you're using, but some versions include a Pan & Zoom tool that makes this process even more intuitive.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 3, 2013 2:51 PM   in reply to eiknachui

Excellent!

Once one has the concept of Keyframing Effects down, it then becomes easy to do. Steve's series is about the best that I have seen for PrE.

Good luck, and happy editing,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 3, 2013 4:26 PM   in reply to Bill Hunt

Actaully, it's called the Pan & Zoom tool, and it's used for creating motion paths -- so it may not be exactly what you're looking for. But it's launched by clicking the blue button along the tip left of the Timeline.

You can find out more about it by clicking on the tutorial on the lower left of this page.

http://muvipix.com/pe10.php

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points