Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Layer name / Layers Panel tool icons disappear

Mar 3, 2013 12:59 PM

Tags: #illustrator #mac #template #cs6 #disappears #layer_name #disappearing_layer_name

The 'Template' checkbox gets activated in Layer Options dialog box, and the box gets closed, then, the Layer name and several icons at the bottom of the Layer Panel disappear.

The Layer is still there without a name, and rolling over the icons on the Layers Panel I can see the Tool Icons.

Illustrator Prefs were trashed/restored using the Opt-Shift-Command restart shortcut.

Does anybody have any ideas?

iMac 3.4 GHz Intel i7, 32 GB, OSX 10.8.2

Illustrator CS6

3rd party products

Suitcase Fusion 4 ... 10.0.5 (515)

Wacom Tablet Intuos 4... v6.3.5-3

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 3, 2013 1:55 PM   in reply to freehandvet

Make sure the Verdana italic font is enabled on your computer.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 12, 2013 12:51 PM   in reply to freehandvet

This happened to me out of the blue and after many hair pulling days, I figured out that if you set one of your layers to "not print" (by un-checking the print box in layer options) all of the text and icons disappear off every layer below that non-printing layer. So find the non-printing layer, click on it, go to the drop down menu at the top right of the layers palette, choose Options for layer, and check the "print" box. All of your layers should now look normal.

I also read something about making sure the Verdana Italic font was active in your system fonts which mine was so that suggestion didn't help me. Good luck.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points