Skip navigation
gfishwick1
Currently Being Moderated

2 Mac User Accounts - 1 cannot open a catalog

Mar 3, 2013 2:30 PM

Hi,

I have a Mac with 2 users account (wife and I) and I have spent hours creating a catalog and setting up it perfectly. I now want my wife to be able to see this from her account.

After many trials I have moved all my photos to the Shared Users folder and also created my catalog in the same folder. My wife can also see this folder but when I try to open the catalog from her PSE 10 account it gives a "The catalog cannot be opened. It is either corrupt, or the version is out of date and cannot be updated". It works fine from my account.

The version is not out of date.

Surely it must be possible for 2 users to view the same catalog on 1 PC, i.e. no multi user access as only 1 person can log in at a time. Otherwise everytime I load new pictures into the catalog and she logs in she will also have to import them without knowing where I have saved the photos.

Any advice much appreciated.

Thanks,

Glenn

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 3, 2013 2:39 PM   in reply to gfishwick1

While I really think this is a question for a Mac discussion forum, reading below may help

Mac and Root User http://forums.adobe.com/thread/879931

-and http://forums.adobe.com/thread/940869?tstart=0

If those previous discussion don't help, you might ask on an Apple forum... file access is at the operating system level

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 4, 2013 5:13 AM   in reply to gfishwick1

As long as both accounts have administrative privileges, there is no reason this should not work. (Assuming both of these are accounts are on the same computer, of course.)

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points