Skip navigation
JamieM216
Currently Being Moderated

Linking menu buttons to pages for an Android app

Mar 3, 2013 3:34 PM

Tags: #app #help #application #android

Hi all. Ok im a bit of a rookie when it comes to flash but here is my dilema. I want to link a button on my main page, to another page with info on it.

For example: my main page has the buttons" PS3"... "Xbox 360"...."P.C" I want each of these buttons to link to an alphabetical list, ie: A-Z. And id like to be able to do this without the need for an internet connection. I have tried googling it but i could not find an answer to this. If anyone has any suggestions it would be great.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 3, 2013 3:49 PM   in reply to JamieM216

Where are these lists located relatiive to the buttons/app?  Are the pages in the same app?  If so, how are they configured in the file?

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 3, 2013 4:53 PM   in reply to JamieM216

You'll need to be sure to include stop() commands in each scene.  I recommend you just get away from using scenes at all... they are problematic when you try to mox them with navigation.  Just place your pages in different frames of the same timelines or just have them as movieclips that you control them being shown (or a little of both).

AS far as the flickering from scene to scene goes, that's most often an indication that you have coding errors.  Do you get any kind of coding error messages?

This is a weak spot for me because I have not developed apps for mobile devices.  Because support for developing apps is a recent feature of Flash, I think that you can't use AS2 to do that.  The on(release) code you say you are using is AS2.  I have to believe that you need to use AS3 to be programming for an app, though I might be entirely wrong in thinking that.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points