Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

How to get rid of overhead light glare

Mar 3, 2013 4:59 PM

I have a picture that I want to get rid of the overhead light glare.  I did take two pictures.

thank you

Mike

P3030015.JPGP3030016.JPG

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 3, 2013 5:53 PM   in reply to squatch97401

Normally those require extensive and painful cloning to take out the glare.  But I think you hit the jackpot with the 2 photos as the glare is in different areas in each shot.

So I would take the right image and select the left side and select and copy.  Then select the left image and paste.  (Or vice versa).  Since they are taken at different angles the letters and borders are not exactly the same.  But when you paste go to edit/transform/warp and see if you can match things up.  The trick with using warp is not to select too big of a bite as you only have 9 sections to work with. 

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 3, 2013 6:08 PM   in reply to Curt Y

I think a perspective / distort (p/d) transform will probably work even better. There's still some glare in both shots in the o and r, and the oval edging, but otherwise it looks pretty good. I just copied the top of the o and rotated and p/d transformed it to fit the bottom. Same with the r.

You can see some softness in the stem of the m where my soft brush betrays the inexact lining up of the two images. Any tips on how to use distort transform more effectively would be appreciated. I always find it a bit fiddly.

http://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/transforming-objects.html

mpulse_store.jpg

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points