Skip navigation
stephen.hunt
Currently Being Moderated

CS6 "Black Timeline Issue" Mac OS X 10.8.2

Mar 3, 2013 10:14 PM

Tags: #error #black #pro #premiere #crash #bug #import #screen #crashing #collection #clips #clip #os #project #timeline #amir

While creating a timelapse video through a series of JPEG's, the timeline on Premiere has gone black and no matter what I do, the timeline is still filled in black, rendering the program useless. I've tried deleting all my project files and previews then opening a new project, but to no avail. I'm very frustrated with this issue as I need the program to complete projects for school. I am fairly novice when it comes to CS6 as well as the Mac OS. Hopefully this is a minor issue and won't require a reinstall.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 4, 2013 4:22 AM   in reply to stephen.hunt

Make sure you didn't accidentally poke out the eyeball for track visibility.  Just to be sure, you should cycle it on and off or off and on  anyway.

Jeff

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 4, 2013 6:17 PM   in reply to stephen.hunt

Can you post a screenshot?  "Black" is a problem I've never heard of before.  "Blank" is a problem that is solved by double-clicking on a sequence in the Project panel, or by creating a new sequence.

Jeff

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 5, 2013 3:56 AM   in reply to stephen.hunt

You've closed the Timeline panel.  The "black" is the Audio Meters.  Reset your workspace or go to the Window menu and open the timeline panel or double-click on the sequence that's showing in the Project panel.

Jeff

|
    Mark as:
    Calculating status...
    Jul 7, 2013 5:20 AM   in reply to stephen.hunt

hey brother did you fix that problem? i have the same black screen on timeline

i have installed the game from the beginning but nothing changed

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 7, 2013 5:21 AM   in reply to Jeff Bellune

jeff do you have any idea why this could happen? it has nothing to do with workspace or something

i have try it nothing changed

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 7, 2013 6:57 AM   in reply to sergioraynor

Try all the things in post #5.  If resetting the workspace didn't work, try choosing a new one.  If none of that works, post a screenshot.

Jeff

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 7, 2013 8:11 AM   in reply to Jeff Bellune

mr jeff i have format'ed the pc cuz of that issue , then after i installed the cs6 again the problem was fixed. but after i had re opened the old project , while the files were downloaded, then it happened again. the screen shot is the same like this --->

now i install cs5 to try if it will happen again

black.jpgn

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 7, 2013 8:19 AM   in reply to Jeff Bellune

it happened on cs5 to...

so i guess 1 of my files are not healthy for the program

no resolution

i have to create the project from the beginning...

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 7, 2013 8:23 AM   in reply to sergioraynor

It's definitely a workspace issue.  The old projects contain the last workspace used, so they will continue to exhibit the problem until the workspace issue is solved inside of each project.  Once again, I ask you to try all of the things I suggested in post #5.  Report back with the results of each one, please.

Jeff

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 7, 2013 10:28 AM   in reply to Jeff Bellune

ok i'll try now what youve asked me. then i tell you back

whats happening

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 7, 2013 10:28 AM   in reply to sergioraynor

Sergio: Exactly as Jeff explained in post #5, the big black panel in the lower right corner of the workspace in your screenshot is the Audio Meters, not the Timeline. In fact, as far as the screenshot shows, no Timeline panel is present. You must have closed that panel, at which point the audio meters would have automatically stretched to fill the space.

Windows>Workspace>ResetCurrentWorkspace will fix this.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 7, 2013 10:32 AM   in reply to Jeff Bellune

jeff thank you so much ! it worked ! i have double clicked on " sequence " in the project panel and it opened ! thnk youı somuch! i was so sad cuz of so much working...now ive learned something new. in the future if i need to ask anything can i come here to ask you again? thnx

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 7, 2013 10:38 AM   in reply to Mark Mapes

thnx mark mapes it was really helpfull thnx so much for your time

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 7, 2013 12:31 PM   in reply to sergioraynor

You're welcome.  Glad you got it sorted.  If you come back, there are lots of people here who can help.

Jeff

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points