Skip navigation
MikeMarx
Currently Being Moderated

Photoshop Elements 10 Organizer

Mar 4, 2013 6:27 AM

I cannot get PSE 10 organizer to work properly.......I will open the program and then click on the file drop down menu and the organizer will give me an error message that organizer has stopped working......My OS is Windows 7 on a 64 bit system and I had the computer specifically custom built to operate PSE...any ideas???

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 4, 2013 9:31 AM   in reply to MikeMarx

Hi there! Because the forum you originally posted in is for beginners trying to learn the basics of Photoshop, I moved your question to the Photoshop Elements forum, where you'll get more specialized help.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 4, 2013 10:13 AM   in reply to MikeMarx

What happens if you run Organizer directly from its exe (PhotoshopElementsOrganizer.exe) in C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Elements 10 Organizer by right click >> run as admin?

Thanks

Andaleeb

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 4, 2013 10:28 AM   in reply to MikeMarx

There is no harm in running a program from root drive. It won't change anything, please rest assured.

Thanks

Andaleeb

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 8, 2013 7:20 AM   in reply to MikeMarx

Hi,

Is it now working for you ?

Thanks

Andaleeb

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 8, 2013 12:24 PM   in reply to MikeMarx

Thanks for trying that. You may turn off all background processes for Organizer and see if this improves the overall performance for you.

Please stop the following processes from task manager, if running-

photoshopelementsorganizer.exe

photoshopelementseditor.exe

elementsautoanalyzer.exe

dynamiclinkmanager.exe

photoshop file agent

photoshop server

Now launch Organizer directly from its exe in C:\program files or program files(x86)\adobe\elements organizer 10.0\photoshopelementsorganizer.exe by right clicking on it >> run as admin.

1. Once Organizer launches, you can turn off the background processes from Edit >> Pref >> Media analysis.

2. Also, if you don't use Watch Folders, you can remove any watched folder from File >> Watch Folder.

Thanks

Andaleeb

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 12, 2013 7:18 AM   in reply to MikeMarx

Hi Mike,

I'm sorry that you are having so much trouble running Organizer. Can you please try one more thing?

I doubt something is wrong with the catalog so please try launching Organizer directly from its exe keeping "Shift" key pressed. Catalog Manager dialog will be launched from where you can create a new catalog just for the sake of test.

It's possible that Organizer will crash on doing this too, but lets try to get it to work.

Thanks

Andaleeb

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points