Skip navigation
JacTink
Currently Being Moderated

Help with PSE 11 - Guided edits missing :O(

Mar 4, 2013 2:56 AM

Tags: #guided_edits #actions_install

I have installed actions / effects which i have paid for and have finally got them working in EXPERT mode but now when I go into GUIDED mode into PSE 11, I have no editing options to chose from (for example the cropping option, straightening, vignetting, EVERYTHING is gone)

What have i done and how do I get these options back? I am lost without them

Thanks so much

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 4, 2013 5:01 AM   in reply to JacTink

Go to Edit>preferences and under general section click on the option 'reset preferences on next launch'

Launch the Editor again and check is there any difference or not.

Thanks

Harshit yadav

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 5, 2013 6:13 AM   in reply to JacTink

Do you see a blank space instead of the space where main guided Edit menu use to appear? Does it happen for the Quick edit too?

If answer to the above questions is TRUE, you probably have corrupted your swf files for Guided(or Quick) Edit. The swf files are placed at

Win: C:\Programdata\Adobe\Photoshop Elements\11.0\Locale\en_us\Workflow Panels\GuidedEdit.swf

Mac: /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Photoshop Elements/11.0/Locale/en_US/Workflow Panels/GuidedEdit.swf

The way to correct it is to replace the swf files with a working swf files from another machine(can be win or mac as swf file is same for both Mac and Win)

if you don't have access to a machine with PSE11 installed, you would have to reinstall the software after making a proper uninstall.

Please do reply back if you need any further clarification

./Domnic

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 5, 2013 8:44 AM   in reply to domnic.rj23

I think that's my problem too.....how often can I reinstall my PSE ?? Now I do it for third time and the errorever returns after a short time....

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points