Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

How can central regis Cross be moved in MovieClip ?

Mar 4, 2013 5:53 AM

Tags: #movie_clip

Hi,

Flash CS5

I have a stage  W 255  and H 100 and layers including guide layers that feature png's converted to symbol/graphic that are classic tweened and that make up an animation. saved as fla file.

I need this as a MovieClip to take into another fla.

I go Insert/new symbol MovieClip name it and it appears in lib.

I select all the frames with r/c select all frames then go r/click copy frames.

I d/click the MC in the lib, select the first frame in timeline and go paste frames, all the layers appear as do tweens.

I test scene and see only a quarter of my animation, visible in the upper left quadrant of the MC. Revert back to the MC and I see the regis cross is sitting in the middle of my artwork.

How do I get my animation to be in the middle of the MC ?

I have tried selecting all artwork, grouping then dragging south east but some parts (artwork on the clasic tween layers) are left behind yet all layers are unlocked. Mathematically I could alter the x and y values but half of 255 will be a half pixel value and the top left corner surely should be a whole figure, and anyway drag or mathematical placement still wont shift the classic tweens.

Oddly enough though I have looked at another MC, its of a car (plan view), the cross is at rear offside corner, test scene and I only see front two thirds of car. In the scene where I use this MC, the central regis circle is there and it plays fine, snapped to a motion guide with orient to path. How become the regis cross is where it needs to be to see all the vehicle yet test scene doesnt show all.

Cheers

Envirographics

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 4, 2013 7:39 AM   in reply to Envirographics

Method 1:

Save out an .swf of that first movie. Load the .swf into the second movie using a URLRequest.

Method 2:

Go back to the original .fla where you created the animation. Create a movieClip from the contents of all of the frames and layers of that original movie. To do this first select the first frame in the first layer, then hold the shift key while you select the last frame in the lowest layer of the timeline. With all of these frames and layers selected, right click and choose copy frames.

Go to the Insert menu and select new symbol and choose movieClip and name it as you like. In this new movieClip's timeline select the first keyframe and then right click and choose paste frames. Now you have a movieClip with all the animation. Save the movie. You can delete the information from the main timeline of this movie if you like.

Select this new movieClip in the Library and copy it. Open the new movie where you want to use this animation and paste the movieClip into the Library. The animation should work as expected.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 6, 2013 4:46 AM   in reply to Envirographics

I'm not sure that we're talking about the same things. If you can see an object on the stage during authoring, you should be able to see it when you test the movie.

When you import a graphic into Flash its registration point is at its upper left corner. If you import a graphic to the stage the graphic will be pinned to that point on the stage. If you want to change the registration point for that graphic then you need to wrap it in a symbol object, usually a movieClip. Now you can adjust the registration point of this movieClip so that it is located where you want it to be on the graphic, say at its center. If you animate this movieClip using Actionscript, you will be moving the movieClip relative to the registration point that you set.

If you create a movieClip as I describe above, by selecting a series of frames and layers, then the registration point for this movieClip will be at the center of area that the animation encompasses.

I don't know how scenes will change anything. Have you tried using test movie instead of test scene?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points