Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

update video in cs6 playback

Mar 4, 2013 6:07 AM

I have cs6 cloud, premiere 6.03.  Three cameras, video clips about 50 mins. Using CS5, muilticamera works fine in all respects.  When open the project in CS6 and play it, the video often freezes, unfreezes, freezes, etc. If is very difficult to create the project originally in CS6.

I am thinking about getting a new video card (I have a GTS 650, hacked for mercury), but wonder if that is ths issue? 

Would appreciate any advice, reactions, etc. Thanks.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 4, 2013 10:18 AM   in reply to rmartin215

Please provide full information about your computer, and what you are editing

Information FAQ http://forums.adobe.com/message/4200840

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 4, 2013 5:05 PM   in reply to rmartin215

From the linked document, it would appear that the CPU is more likely to be the problem than the video card.

Take another look.  The link specifies a problem with longer AVCHD clips.  It seems you're suffering from that bug, which you can't solve with hardware.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 5, 2013 8:39 AM   in reply to rmartin215

Damn dude, you steal my computer?!  Out hardware is nearly identical.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 5, 2013 5:46 PM   in reply to rmartin215

Might not be the hardware.  Might be the media.  I use the Panasonic GH2, whose clips do not suffer from the AVCHD bug.  It seems to affect Sony and Canon camera more than Panny models.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 14, 2013 3:48 PM   in reply to rmartin215

They know about it.  They've said it's a flaw with a third-party element, which they have no control over.  Once that third-party updates the module, I'm sure Adobe will implement the fix and run their testing.  But no word as to when.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points