Skip navigation
Lindawatson
Currently Being Moderated

Photoship emelments 11 problem

Mar 4, 2013 8:52 AM

How do I burn photos to a cd for customers so they can edit and use them?  They are getting a locked message when they try to edit the photos.  I recently purchased photoshop elements 11.  I never had this problem with photoshop elements 4 which I used for many years.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 4, 2013 9:01 AM   in reply to Lindawatson

Are you using Premiere elements to burn the cd or any other software to burn the CD?

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 4, 2013 9:01 AM   in reply to Lindawatson

You need to tell us how you're doing this. What operating system, what version of PSE, how are you burning, what steps?

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 4, 2013 9:10 AM   in reply to Lindawatson

Are you using windows? Are these photos in the organizer?

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 4, 2013 10:03 AM   in reply to Lindawatson

Try using file>export from the organizer to send them to the disc.

EDIT However, one possibility here is that you may know a lot more mac users than you used to, and it's pretty common for windows cds to show up as locked in OS X. They can unlock the files by clicking to select one, then pressing command+i for the get info window and doing it there.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 4, 2013 1:10 PM   in reply to Lindawatson

The command+i thing is what Mac people can do to unlock the images if they get a cd from you with locked images on it.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 4, 2013 1:45 PM   in reply to Barbara B.

To export to a disk just point the location to your disk.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 4, 2013 3:28 PM   in reply to Lindawatson

Yes, as swharton said, in the export window click the Browse button, then your computer, then your disc drive.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 26, 2013 10:56 AM   in reply to Lindawatson

Using the properties command in windows explorer goes like this:

Right click the file (or files) that might be "locked" (or are causing the issue), and choose Properties.

In the general tab, make sure the Read-Only box has nothing in it.

This should unlock the file if it is indeed locked.

After doing that with all of the images (you can select all at once, and get properties on all of the images at once)

Try the copy again

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 26, 2013 12:10 PM   in reply to Pete.Green

I just played around a little with this. I had no problems with file/move to get the pictures on a disk. I was unable to save back to the disk which makes sense as the disk is "finalized". I was able to save back to my EHD. If you want to save back to the disk a read/write disk would probably neewd to be used. This has always been true, once a disk is finalized you can't save or add to it. I do not get the "locked" error message on my machine.

After editing a picture on your disk try saving it to an HD, that should work or else use a read/wrote disk for the pictures.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points