Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

how to fix interlacing on burned dvd?

Mar 4, 2013 11:05 AM

adobe creative cloud user so everything is CS6. 

i have a project edited in premiere pro.  rendered out in hd then use tmpgenc video mastering works to transcode to a dvd mpg.  have everying set to deinterlace always/high quality.  i get great quality.  looks amazing when playing the files in media player.  now setup my dvd in encore and even though im pulling deinterlaced footage in i still have to set dvd-lower field first in settings by default.  make the movie and test it in encore and looks quite amazing. 

however....burned the dvd and put in my new sony bluray player hooked up to my sony xbr1 sxrd (yup still plays great) and bad interlacing/jaggies.  brought the dvd over to parents house to play on a little older dvd player hooked to a lcd and it looks even worse.

ive done this same process in the past and everything look perfect.  not sure what i could have changed.  why does the movie look great/perfect in encore then horrible after burning? how the heck do i fix?  supposed to be showing this movie tonight lol.

thanks so much in advance for any advice

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 4, 2013 5:45 PM   in reply to coonasty

If you have interlaced source material, leave it that way.  Let the player/TV do any necessary deinterlacing.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 5, 2013 9:39 PM   in reply to coonasty

Mediainfo isn't always right.  What does Gspot say?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points