Skip navigation
ndelcastillo
Currently Being Moderated

Replace colors in IDCS6

Mar 4, 2013 11:34 AM

I'm looking for an easy way to change all the elements in a file that use one color to another color, similar to how you can select all items of similar fill color in Illustrator. Does such a thing exist in InDesign? The closest I can find is to delete the color I don't want to use and choose the new color in the dialog box that pops up, but the problem is, I want to replace everything that is [Black] with Pantone black, but ID won't let me delete [Black]. I want to change everything from background shapes, to text, to strokes on tables, etc. from [Black] to Pantone Black C without having to select each element individually. I figured there must be an easier way to do this that I'm just missing, right?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 4, 2013 12:32 PM   in reply to ndelcastillo

I don't know if this will do strokes on a table, but for other text, strokes and fills, you can use the find/change box. It will take several operations. Find text - leave find and replace boxes blank and just choose character color.

Find object, do one runthrough for fill and one for stroke on all box frames.

So far, I have found no way to select table strokes this way.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 4, 2013 12:59 PM   in reply to ndelcastillo

When you think you've found it all, open the Separations Preview, and turn off the all colors except [Black]. That will make it easy to see if any elements got left behind.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points