Skip navigation
drjackie1
Currently Being Moderated

Cannot adopt the orphan flash menu

Mar 4, 2013 12:19 PM

Tags: #flash #menu #flowchart #orphaned_content #encorecs5

I have created a Main Menu,linked to a menu with Chapters and a Multipage Chapter menu, naming it Flash Menu. Everything is working fine, but I can't find the Orphan Flash Menu listed under the "Check Project" area. . There are no files in the Orphanage. Attached is the screen shot (about 1/4 of the image..  I think it's the one I labeled, but I cannot find any way of deleting it.  I have started over twice and hope I don't have to do it a third time.

Thanks.

Flowchart 3 4 13.JPG

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 4, 2013 2:26 PM   in reply to drjackie1

Some orphans can be difficult to delete.

But the link to it is odd; normally that makes it  NOT an orphan.

I would look for 2 things. Select the timeline "Sequence July." What is the end action? Is it Flash Menu?

Then in the timeline panel, select that timeline, and select chapter one. Make sure its end action (in the properties panel) is "not set."

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 5, 2013 6:57 AM   in reply to drjackie1

You should not have changed your first play. You do want that to be the main menu 1, right?

When you say "extra Flash Menu," it is linked from the Getting Ready button from flash menu page ), right?

Sorry, in my read of your first post, I saw "orphan" and "flash menu" and the flash menu off to the right and did not notice that flash menu is your multipage. The check project error you get is still very odd.

Odd results occur sometimes when a first play menu has an end action of itself rather than "stop." (Your "main menu 1" is set to itself rather than stop.) But I think that has nothing to do with the orphan report.

Often, phantom orphans result from adding something, then changing it, and Encore gets confused. But that generally is not the issue when you restart the project.

Do you mean for the end action of the flash menu to be main menu 1? Does the flash menu time out and you want it to go back?

I would look at the multipage menu in photoshop to see if something is amiss.

But since all is okay except for the check project report, I might just see if it builds, burns, and works okay.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 6, 2013 7:50 AM   in reply to drjackie1

Worth a try. So a flash export works?

Re the DVD not working, what doesn't work? Parts of the navigation? The DVD won't a play at all in a DVD player/TV?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points