Skip navigation
CR0WTR0BOT
Currently Being Moderated

Interactive HTML5 & In-App Navigation Display Issue...

Mar 4, 2013 1:11 PM

I have an article on classic pinball machines that I have created a custom HTML5 pinball game that I will skin for the cover.  The idea is that the user can play the game with touch controls.  The game functions perfectly within DPS minus one issue, every time a user taps one of the flipper buttons, it activates the in-app navigation bars.

Is there any way I can set this this to not happen that anyone knows of?  Makes for a really bad UX.

Thanks!

Replies
  • Bob Bringhurst
    4,644 posts
    May 29, 2007
    Mar 4, 2013 1:31 PM   in reply to CR0WTR0BOT

According to one of our developers, when you display HTML content in DPS, the viewer looks for elements with handlers such as onclick and ontouchstart or an event listener such as addEventListener. If any of these elements are present, tapping the item should not display the nav bars.

If you dynamitcally set the element.ontouchstart function after the content has loaded, the nav bars will appear when the item is tapped. To suppress the nav bars, one approach is to change the function that applies the handler functions to use addEventListener.

|
    Mark as:
  • Bob Bringhurst
    4,644 posts
    May 29, 2007
    Mar 4, 2013 1:43 PM   in reply to CR0WTR0BOT

Please share the link when you publish. I'd love to try out the pinball game.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points