Skip navigation
4myacrobat
Currently Being Moderated

how do i combine multiple pdf file into a single pdf file?

Mar 4, 2013 3:08 PM

how do i combine multiple pdf files into a single pdf file?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 4, 2013 4:04 PM   in reply to 4myacrobat

Moving this discussion to the Creating, Editing & Exporting PDFs forum.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 4, 2013 4:11 PM   in reply to 4myacrobat

4myacrobat I have only moved your message to the correct forum.  A regular contributor to the Creating, Editing & Exporting PDFs forum should be able to answer your inquiry.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 4, 2013 5:23 PM   in reply to 4myacrobat

You can combine files using Adobe Acrobat in a number of ways - through the context menu when a group of files are selected in Explorer or Finder, by drag-drop onto the Acrobat icon, using the Create... button on the Acrobat toolbar and the Combine Files button on the welcome screen.

See the product help file

http://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/topics.html#dynamicpod_reference_5

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 4, 2013 5:27 PM   in reply to 4myacrobat

Recent versions of Acrobat have had such a command in the File menu. In the current version—Acrobat XI—it would be File > Create > Combine Files into a Single PDF. The wording might be slightly different in earlier versions of Acrobat.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 18, 2013 11:42 PM   in reply to 4myacrobat

The thread was started in early March and it's Mid-April, I know this very well. The OP of this thread posted a very common and simple question or maybe he/she would have resolved this. For an Adobe Acrobat user it's not at all difficult to combine multiple PDF files into one. But to combine PDF files full version of Adobe Acrobat is mainly required, otherwise PDF files can't be combined. For example, I'm using Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro. These simple steps are mainly required to combine PDF files:

1. Open Adobe Acrobat.
    2. Click on Combine and click on Merge files into a single PDF.
    3. A window will be appearing, click on Add Files and select the PDF files you want to combine.
    4. Arrange the selected files in any order with the help of Move Up and Move Down button.
    5. Now click on Combine File and the selected PDF files will be combined within a few seconds.
    6. A new PDF file will be created. Click on Save As and name this new PDF file. Then, click on Save.

A new PDF file will be created and all the selected PDF files are combined in it. The steps shown above might be different in other versions of Adobe Acrobat. Other than this, some third-party PDF merge software are also available. Most of them are available with a demo version for free evaluation. I've heard much about SysInfoTools PDF Merge software on other forums and directories and it's demo version is freely available. One may check its demo version if Adobe Acrobat (full version) is not available.

Regards

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points