Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

how can you set up a "ring around" that us old timers used to do in the dark room for printing?

Mar 4, 2013 3:00 PM

I have a calibrated monitor. I have set up the proper profile for my epson 1400 printer using only epson ink. I am using PSE 5.0 and am perfectly happy with it.Working on Win Vista Business. I tried "soft proofing" in Quimage and was not happy with its result, so I want to go back to my tried and true technique I once used in my color darkroom, by using a window cut in a large piece of black board, and moving it from R to L changing the color balance and or the exposure to make a good print.

Help anyone?



  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 4, 2013 3:14 PM   in reply to vidman64

    What is the actual issue you’d like to solve with a digital version of a moving black card—which would be a gradient tool of some sort, perhaps?

    Mark as:

More Like This

  • Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

  • 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points