Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

3D Extrusion Option keeps disappearing?

Mar 4, 2013 5:53 PM

Tags: #photoshop #image #3d #cs6 #creative_cloud #extended #3d_extrusion #extrusion

Hi all,

Sorry to sound like a total noob here. I tend to stick with using Muse for making websites but in this scenario, I needed to switch over to Photoshop to edit a graphic.

Basically, I'm trying to make a simple 3D extrusion of the text in a logo (Yep, freshly made text layer, so no it's not text within a png image or anything! I may be a noob, but I'm not flat out stupid! ). I know how to do it and all that stuff but occasionally when I come to do this in PS, the option just no longer seems to be available! I'm using the Extended version as provided via the Creative Cloud and I HAVE successfully made 3D extrusions in the past (made a 3D logo last night actually), and I've been through preferences etc. so it's not as if suddenly PS has opted not to use my graphics card or anything silly like that.

In this particular case, I made my text, went to make a 3D extrusion, then realised I needed to rotate the text a little, so backed out and did my rotation - when I went back to the 3D menu, NOPE, not an option.

I know this is probably something really trivial and stupid but I'm just having one of those moments where I'm going blank. I can't for the life of me figure out why! Have I still got the 3D grid and pop-up running somewhere but just haven't clicked back to it? I can't see it, but would that explain why I can no longer select it as an option?

Again, I apologise if this is trivial stuff, but can someone please advise me on where I'm going wrong and how to get the option for 3D extrusions back?

Thanks.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 4, 2013 7:10 PM   in reply to CWLMedia

It the 3D options are grayed out it might mean your video driver crashed.  A reboot should solve problem. 

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 4, 2013 7:23 PM   in reply to CWLMedia

The computer.  THere is a GPU snifter that will determine if the card is OK for OpenGL. 

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points