Skip navigation
CA-CSA
Currently Being Moderated

Error printing booklet in CS6

Mar 4, 2013 7:52 PM

InDesign Printing Error message appears when selecting 'Print Booklet'.  Says the Adobe Print Engine failed to output the data due to an unknown problem.  Never experienced any difficulties prior to upgrading from CS5.5 to CS6.  Help, anyone, please!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 4, 2013 11:35 PM   in reply to CA-CSA

What is on your page?

BTW. Why do you need the booklet? Imposing is a tast of the printer. If you need to print a booklet you could export a normal pdf and use the booklet printing function inside Acrobat's printing dialog.

I would not use the print booklet functionality inside InDesign because it is using PostScript and Distiller and I avoid the use of both as far as possible.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 17, 2013 6:36 AM   in reply to Willi Adelberger

I am never involved in the printing of a document, I'm actually not even an official graphic designer I just end up doing amateaur work. I have the same problem. Just upgraded to CS6, need to print booklet for an in-house saddle-stitch document. I don't have a pdf printer on my good computer, it fails to print to pdf on my laptop unless it's interactive (not what I want) and even then I can't arrange it correctly for a saddle-stitch print job. On both computers, I'm getting the same error as CA. How can I get around this?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 17, 2013 6:40 AM   in reply to m_e_g

Can you print the pages inidvidually? Can you export them to PDF?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 17, 2013 9:55 AM   in reply to m_e_g

Why are you not exporting a pdf and using the print booklet functionality in Acrobat or Reader? Your enviroment is exactly what is it for.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points