• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New Button in Toolbar Skin

New Here ,
Mar 05, 2013 Mar 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm currently using RoboHelp HTML 8.0.2.208. I've just made a new button in the toolbar skin connected to a url:

pic 1.png

When I click the button to switch to the url, it looks like this:

pic2.png

I was hoping that the url would replace the original contents and window, rather than placing it under the original toolbar. (However, I do see that all the other buttons go under the original toolbar.)

Can what I'd like be done? If so, any suggestions as to how?

Thanks for any help.

Leanne

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 05, 2013 Mar 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe you can adapt what is in this thread.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/871091

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 06, 2013 Mar 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How about:

top.document.location='myurl';

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Leanne

It would help if you could let us know how Willam's suggestion went when you have tried it.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Peter - I was just going to write to you -

I haven't tried William's suggestion yet, and will have to wait till this afternoon to try it.

However, I did try adapting the suggestion in the thread you sent me to. Unfortunately, it didn't work from the button, which only allowed me to put in a url.

Regarding William's suggestion (I've been working with RoboHelp for eight years but am still not technically oriented), I'm assuming what he sent is Java code. Can you help me out by telling me where that would go. I will be talking to one of our people who knows Java script this afternoon - I'm hoping it will make sense to him.

Will definitely tell you how it went.

Thanks so much.

Leanne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

It's JavaScript a scripting language. That's entirely different from Java, which is a progamming language

Put the code in the onClick of the button. That field is located in the button properties of the button in the Skin Editor.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I can't tell you how much I appreciate this - worked perfectly! You guys are great!

Leanne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp