• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem upgrading Audition 2 to 5 (CS6)

New Here ,
Mar 05, 2013 Mar 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am doing a fresh install of All The Things.

I first installed Audition 2.0 from disk, and tried to activate it (as it is an old version, it no longer is actually activatable, but I went through the steps anyway).

Then, I installed Audition 5 via the downloadable installer, and entered my -> v5 upgrade serial number that I purchased a little while ago.

The serial number dealie reports that while the serial number is valid, no appropriate version is installed that the upgrade serial number can be applied to. In the drop down box are a series of old versions of stuff (Audition 1, 2, 3 etc).

What should I do to resolve this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 05, 2013 Mar 05, 2013

if you purchased an audition 2 to cs6 upgrade, you should be able to install audition cs6 using its serial number and audition 2's serial number.

it's not necessary for audition 2 to be installed.

the only issue is, i don't see an audition 2 to audition cs6 upgrade path.  i see an audition 3 to audition cs6 upgrade path:  http://www.adobe.com/products/audition/buying-guide-upgrades.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you purchased an audition 2 to cs6 upgrade, you should be able to install audition cs6 using its serial number and audition 2's serial number.

it's not necessary for audition 2 to be installed.

the only issue is, i don't see an audition 2 to audition cs6 upgrade path.  i see an audition 3 to audition cs6 upgrade path:  http://www.adobe.com/products/audition/buying-guide-upgrades.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thankyou for your response, kglad.

I am peering more intently at the serial number dialogue box, and now I understand what you mean - it's asking me for the OLD product and SN , before allowing me to use the new. Excellent, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines