Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Best workflow for burning Blu-ray and DVD

Mar 5, 2013 2:03 PM

Hi,

What's the best workflow for effciency sake for burning both a Blu-ray and a DVD of the same project?

Essientially I'd like to export and create a menu once, then be able to downrez to DVD. However, I'm not sure that is possible since blu-ray and DVD are differnt codecs.  

Thank you

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 5, 2013 3:34 PM   in reply to Joe Riggs

As well as the output being different codecs, my reading indicates that the menus for BluRay do not downrez very well, if at all

The advice I have always read is two different projects

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 5, 2013 5:58 PM   in reply to Joe Riggs

I second John's advice.  Create two projects, with appropriately sized assets for each.

It's not efficient at all, but it does eliminate a lot of issues, and provides opportunity for superior quality.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 5, 2013 11:17 PM   in reply to John T Smith

The only way that you can get acceptable re-scaling of menus is to go from BR to DVD, and do the editing in Photoshop.  Simply re-scaling the menu here will not give acceptable results.

I usually copy the various button layers from the BR menu to a new DVD menu file created using the provided Photoshop preset.  You will still have to do  some manual re-scaling and alignment.  The thing that has given me the most trouble over the years is round button highlights - a segment is often chopped off.  Font sizes will probably need adjusting too.

Unless you are adept with handling layers and groups within Photoshop, it may be easier to start again.

Any attempt to convert within Encore is unlikely to produce acceptable menus in my experience.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points