Skip navigation
slange64
Currently Being Moderated

How do I change the base color  in the recolor Artwork settings?

Mar 5, 2013 2:16 PM

How do I change the base color  in the recolor Artwork settings? I know this seems like a silly thing but I really need to figure this out and I have read and gone through the manual and the help forum to no avail. Please help.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 6, 2013 4:05 PM   in reply to slange64

Not quite sure what you are asking. If you select the paths in your file containing the colors you want to change, then select Edit>Color>Recolor Artwork, all the current path and object "base" colors are already in the "Current Colors" list. If you want them to be different when you first select Recolor Artwork, you must first change them manually in the file, one by one.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 7, 2013 6:26 AM   in reply to slange64

Click on the desired color in the "new color" column. Then click on the base color icon beside the list of color harmonies, which will then change, but the color harmonies will be based on your desired color.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 7, 2013 7:20 AM   in reply to slange64

Here it is:

2013-03-07_2048.png

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 7, 2013 7:36 AM   in reply to slange64

Please show a screenshot of your art and the dialogbox

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 7, 2013 10:45 PM   in reply to slange64

If I have understood you correctly, you want to exclude a certain color from getting affected. You can click on a color row and it becomes highlighted with a border around it - in your artwork, let's say you want the orange color not to get affected. Right-click on it and choose 'Exclude Colors'. When you do that, you will see that the orange color moves to the bottom of the list and there is no arrow in front of it. Like this:

Recolor.png

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points