Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Brush issue when going around a path....circle shape distorting

Mar 5, 2013 4:11 PM

Hello,

I have a circular object from Photoshop (stone..) that I need to go on a path in Illustrator.I realize I cannot do this with a raster object, at least from what I am reading, so I used the image trace function and then I can drag the circular piece into the brushes panel and create a scatter or pattern brush to go across my path.

Problem is, if the path is an oval, the circles change shape and get distorted. How can I keep the circles from changing shape? Is there a way to do this? Or,is there a way to just bring in a Photoshop element and have it align across a path?

Thanks

babs

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 5, 2013 5:02 PM   in reply to iBabs2

Here's an example from one of the Brush libraries and what it looks likeScreen shot 2013-03-05 at 4.59.50 PM.png. The main tile is the upright heart. The angled pieces are the corner tiles.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 5, 2013 6:00 PM   in reply to iBabs2

create a scatter or pattern brush to go across my path....Problem is, if the path is an oval, the circles change shape

Show a screenshot of your attempt to do this with a Scatter Brush. The side tiles of a Pattern Brush "wedge" as they proceed around a curve. But a Scatter Brush doesn't.

JET

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points