Skip navigation
<HOOT\>
Currently Being Moderated

Rotating and Centering Masked Text

Mar 5, 2013 4:39 PM

I'm in the process of creating a textual watermark for my photos in photoshop but have come across a big problem. I am using the horizontaly text mask tool but I cannot rotate nor center (both horizontally and vertically) my text before turning it into a layer. If I  rotate and center the text after putting it into a new layer it wont work since the text will move and leave the writing embossed onto the picture. Any help is kindly appreciated !

Replies
  • JJMack
    5,979 posts
    Jan 9, 2006
    Mar 5, 2013 5:16 PM   in reply to

With the text layer the current target and not a mask. Do a select all. Then use menu Layer>Align Layers to selection>Vertical Center. Then do Layer>Align Layers to selection>Horizontal Center. This should center the text layer. If you want to rotate it the some use Free Transform and enter the angle you want in the option bar. If you want a mask the select the text layer transparency and save it as a alpha channel to be user as a mask.

If you have CS6 you can also convert the text layer into a shape layer and get your Vector Layer Mask.

To center a text mask.  Set a guide line 50% horizontal and vertical. Make sure snap to is on. Use free Transform. Move the cursor into the free transform box but not on the center marker. Hold down the left mouse button and drag to center let go of the mouse. To rotate move mouse outside the transform box hold down left  mouse button and rotate the transform.

|
    Mark as:
  • JJMack
    5,979 posts
    Jan 9, 2006
    Mar 6, 2013 6:21 AM   in reply to

Do not use Mask Text use a Text layer set its fill to 0 and give it a layer style.

Crafting Actions Package UPDATED Aug 14, 2012 Changed AspectRatioSelection Plug-in script added Path support.

Contains

Example

http://www.mouseprints.net/old/dpr/WM900x600.jpg

Download

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers