Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Home Key Anomaly in PrE 11

Mar 5, 2013 4:51 PM

While doing some testing in PrE 11 (32-bit) on my laptop (Sager full keyboard), on XP-Pro (32-bit), nVidia GeForce 8800M (latest driver), I noticed an issue. Both the Home and End keys do not work, even with the Timeline having focus. The PageUP/PageDN keys function, as per normal.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Hunt

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 5, 2013 5:34 PM   in reply to Bill Hunt

Sorry, Bill. The Home and End keys work perfectly for me on my Windows 7 32-bit (as well as my Windows 7 64-bit and Mac OSX).

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 6, 2013 5:09 AM   in reply to Bill Hunt

Hi Bill,

It's not just you - I have the same problem although it does work sometimes.  I have not figured out the pattern yet, as you say it's not a focus issue.  I'm using Win7 64bit.

Bob

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 7, 2013 10:13 AM   in reply to Bill Hunt

I think there are a few such oddities. For example the timeline resize slider  does not work for me I have to use the +/- keys. But even then the slider does not change to indicate I've expanded or contracted it.

Cheers,
    --
    Neale
    Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 10, 2013 7:03 AM   in reply to Bill Hunt

Actually today it is now working for me! Inconsistent behaviour is the worst I think as it is so much harder to track down a cause. I wonder what technology Adobe use to draw their onscreen displays.

As for Home/End it seems on my system that focus is not restored to the timeline (Expert Mode) after closing a dialog. For example if I'm in the timeline then Home/End work as expected. But if I click Publish/Share twice (once to open, once to close) Home/End do not work until I click on the timeline. Quick Mode however works fine.

Cheers,
    --
    Neale

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 12, 2013 4:09 PM   in reply to nealeh

And today it isn't! Arrrgggggggggghhhhh.

Cheers,
    --
    Neale

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers