Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Unable to create new business catalyst site in dreamweaver

Mar 5, 2013 5:52 PM

Tags: #error #catalyst #dreamweaver #not_working #business

Hi,

I am unable to create a new business catalyst site in dreamweaver. Whenever I click on the new business catalyst site button either in the drop down site menu or the main console a blank window appears for a second and then disappears and nothing else happens.

I found some tips for a similar issue in another forum post which recommended deactivating the account and then reactivating the account although this made no difference.

I have been able to create business catalyst sites in the past using dreamweaver so I'm not too sure why it isn't working anymore.

If you could help that would be great.

Thanks,

Matthew

Replies
  • Sudarshan Thiagarajan
    4,000 posts
    Oct 15, 2010
    Mar 5, 2013 8:05 PM   in reply to MattACS

Matthew, when things usually dont work the way they should, try trashing your cache: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/494811

|
    Mark as:
  • Sudarshan Thiagarajan
    4,000 posts
    Oct 15, 2010
    Mar 5, 2013 8:42 PM   in reply to MattACS

Can you try going to Site > New Business Catalyst Site, to see if the login box is loading up and if DW is able to connect to BC server?

|
    Mark as:
  • Sudarshan Thiagarajan
    4,000 posts
    Oct 15, 2010
    Mar 5, 2013 9:45 PM   in reply to MattACS

I am also unable to login to the business catalyst panel

Does the same thing happen - a box comes and disappears? Or, is it not accepting your login?

|
    Mark as:
  • Sudarshan Thiagarajan
    4,000 posts
    Oct 15, 2010
    Mar 5, 2013 10:22 PM   in reply to MattACS

Can you try using a different user account on your PC to open DW and try using BC?

|
    Mark as:
  • Sudarshan Thiagarajan
    4,000 posts
    Oct 15, 2010
    Mar 6, 2013 12:33 AM   in reply to MattACS

I'll forward this issue to DW team. One of them will respond to you.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 6, 2013 2:00 AM   in reply to MattACS

Could you please check if you have the latest update of the DW or not (help >updates, is it showing any update pendig or not). If so update the DW and then check is the issue occuring again or not.

If yes, Try the patch mentioned in the following blog..

http://blogs.adobe.com/dreamweaver/2013/01/resolution-12-0-3-users-run ning-into-browserlab-business-catalyst-issues.html

Thanks

Harshit yadav

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 6, 2013 4:14 AM   in reply to MattACS

Hi Matthew,

Please let us know which update you were trying to apply and also let us know if you are on subscription license or perpetual license.

Thanks,

Srivatsa

|
    Mark as:
  • Sudarshan Thiagarajan
    4,000 posts
    Oct 15, 2010
    Mar 6, 2013 8:44 AM   in reply to hyadav

Thanks for intervening, Harshit & Srivatsa.

@Matt - Harshit & Srivatsa are Adobe employees and are here to help you resolve this issue. Please follow-up with them to get a closure on this problem.

PS: Due to the 'trend' with BC and DW CS6 issues we've seen on the forum, they'd like to work with you closely to see what actually helped resolve your issue so that they can document it for other users with similar issue. It will help them a lot if you could provide your valuable inputs please. Thank you in advance!

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 7, 2013 11:49 AM   in reply to Sudarshan Thiagarajan

I have tried uninstalling & reinstalling DWCS6. I have tried updatings. I have run the patch. No luck.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 7, 2013 12:43 PM   in reply to stormcrow704

also when I started chatting with adobe support they asked for my product serial #. It seemed an odd thing to ask.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 25, 2013 4:23 AM   in reply to stormcrow704

Hi stomcrow,

The team is trying to get in touch with you. Can you check your messages and reply to them at your convenience?

Thanks,

Preran

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 25, 2013 11:10 AM   in reply to Preran

I'm here. I'm not seeing any messages. What's up?

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 26, 2013 11:26 AM   in reply to stormcrow704

Hi stomcrow,

Click Your Stuff on the top of the page, and select Private Messages. In case you have not received any message so far, let me know.

Thanks,

Preran

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 26, 2013 12:07 PM   in reply to Preran

No PMs under my stuff.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 26, 2013 8:32 PM   in reply to stormcrow704

I am having this same issue. After downloading Dreamweaver CS6 the Business Catalyst does not log in. This has effected a work stoppage on my creative cloud account and I would appreciate if I could get some troubleshooting in this thread by tomorrow as I have a thursday deadline.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 27, 2013 7:44 AM   in reply to Preran

hi when can we expect a response on this?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 24, 2013 11:30 PM   in reply to MattACS

I am experiencing EXACTLY the same symptoms as MattACS. I've been to Business Catalyst support and they told me to go to Dreamweaver support, which I did, and am waiting for them to get back to me. They couldn't help. I've read all the forums, tried all the solutions. No luck. Really making my work life difficult - not to mention driving me insane.

A note: reinstalling did the trick, but it only worked for a day before reverting to the maddening behaviour described by Matt. I wonder if it's update-related?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 25, 2013 3:00 AM   in reply to Luke Grayson

Hi Luke,

The fix mentioned above by Harshit has help us resolve issues for many users. Please try that. You have to run the patch as an administrator.

Could you please check if you have the latest update of the DW or not (help >updates, is it showing any update pendig or not). If so update the DW and then check is the issue occuring again or not.

If yes, Try the patch mentioned in the following blog..

http://blogs.adobe.com/dreamweaver/2013/01/resolution-12-0-3-users-run ning-into-browserlab-business-catalyst-issues.html

If this does no help. I would suggest you to log in to your computer in safe mode an then run this patch and see if everything works fine.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows7/start-your-computer-in-saf e-mode

Thanks

Bhawna

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 26, 2013 3:12 AM   in reply to bgupta16

Hi Bhwana,

Thanks for your reply. As per my previous post I had already tried the fix mentioned by Harshit. I have checked for updates - Dreamweaver is up-to-date. I have downloaded the patch and run it.

I gave up last night after 2 weeks of this nonsense. I uninstalled Dreamweaver CS6 and have rolled back to CS4 with the Business Catalyst Extension. Everything works perfectly.

DW CS6: a real waste of time and money - please pass this on to the CS6 development team. It really isn't good enough.

Cheers,

Luke

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points