Skip navigation
alleyGato373
Currently Being Moderated

Photoshop CS5 - Display stops refreshing

Mar 5, 2013 5:34 PM

Tags: #photoshop #display #transform #animation #freeze #photoshop_cs5 #refresh #display_freeze

I'm running CS5 in Windows 7 64-bit.

I've been running into an odd problem using the Animation window and Transforms. If I select an area then try to Transform it (using either Free Transform shortcut or the Move tool with "show transform controls" enabled), the canvas and navigator stop refreshing. I can still pan around the canvas and draw on selected layers, but those are the only operations that get the screen to refresh. Changing frames, turning on/off layers, and hitting Undo will still perform those actions but the results aren't displayed on screen until I pan the canvas.

If I have multiple files open, all of them are effected in this way. Quitting then restarting PS gets rid of the refreshing problem, but if I use the Transform tool in a file this problem has occurred in, the same thing happens.

This doesn't happen until I've been working on a file for a long time (at least an hour or so), regardless of file size as far as I've tested.

The problem persists with and without OpenGL drawing enabled. I have an Nvidia GTX 560 with driver 306.97 installed.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 5, 2013 5:48 PM   in reply to alleyGato373

That still sounds like a video driver bug.

Did you restart Photoshop after turning off OpenGL drawing?

And have you talked to NVidia about this problem?

|
    Mark as:
  • Noel Carboni
    23,514 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 5, 2013 8:26 PM   in reply to alleyGato373

Definitely try the driver update.

Driver updates solve many problems - though they occasionally bring new ones too.

-Noel

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points