Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

[CS5.5][Os X 10.7] Problem searching for file when placing a picture

Mar 6, 2013 5:27 AM

Hi,

With this post, I would like to ask a question.

In Indesign CS5.5 on Mac Os X, when placing a picture using the place option, there is in the top right corner a search field. When browsing to a certain network folder and trying to search for files whitin that folder, which have filenames containing a part of the search string, no files are found.

For example: a folder containing 200 files with names starting with "sports baseball 001" up to "sports baseball 200". When searching for "baseball" no results are found.

What I could find on the internet, are several discussions relating to huge problems with Spotlight on 10.7 and 10.8 and network drives.

Does anyone know of any fix or plugin for Adobe Indesign that allows fast file search in a folder when placing a picture in a document?

Whe have this issue with all our mac's running these versions of Os X and Adobe Indesign.

Any feedback would be helpfull.

John

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 6, 2013 8:14 AM   in reply to JohnDevlon

This is a known bug that is being investigated by Adobe engineering. We hope to address this bug in an upcoming release/update. The workaround in place is not to use the Spotlight search box inside File> Place dialog box.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 7, 2013 8:56 AM   in reply to JohnDevlon

Good to hear that Adobe engineering is taking a look. However you might want to file a formal bug/feature report here: Wishform, to get it on record as a customer/user problem, and to perhaps attract additional requests from others who have the same problem.

I'm not sure if the commercial Mac application Default Folder X would fix the problem. You might want to test their trial.

HTH

Regards,

Peter

Peter Gold

KnowHow ProServices

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers