Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

What is the best way to export to achieve clear video for the internet?

Mar 6, 2013 11:03 AM

Tags: #web #youtube #video #internet #pro #premiere #export #output #post #vimeo

Is it best to just use a preset? or are there other ways to get that clear look that you get when you watch the high def mp4 straight out of the app...?

I notice that some video is much more detailed and higher res looking...but when i upload to youtube it doesnt quite look as good...blurry... especially with smaller sizes...

Any suggestions?

Thx in advance.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 6, 2013 12:50 PM   in reply to prescovidprod

The YouTube preset does a good job of it, but it will get a touch softer after upload.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 6, 2013 1:00 PM   in reply to prescovidprod

Post the link.  I'll take a look.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 6, 2013 5:22 PM   in reply to prescovidprod

OK, the animations seemed a little choppy, as if you're sequence was 30 fps instead of the exported 24, but the text was perfectly legible in all scenes.  Watching at 1080 res on a 1920 x 1080 monitor, it looked just fine.  Even the catalog page was perfectly legible.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 6, 2013 5:23 PM   in reply to prescovidprod

There are some things that are a challenge for any software.  Going from 30 to 24 fps is one of them.  24 to 30 is much easier.  But without pixel motion interpolation, the other way can be tough.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 7, 2013 6:07 AM   in reply to prescovidprod

When you upload something to Youtube, it's actually out of your control how Youtube will re-encode for quick loading. Same goes for facebook, that even treats simple pictures poorly (as you say, the "crispiness" is usually blurred away due to compression) and any other online viewer. The proof is that if I try to watch directly on Chrome's viewer a video I upload to my own server it will take ages to load, wehereas this same video uploaded on youtube loads almost instantly (re-encoding+compression going on). Yes, of course, I don't pay for a bandwidth as huge as Youtube's for my server, but then again they have many more users at the same time... Still, think about what the page you are uploading your video to does to it, because it may be the case it is not entirely your fault if you can watch it good on your computer.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 7, 2013 8:03 AM   in reply to prescovidprod

i want that quality. clarity.

Then you may have to give up on YouTube and deliver a Blu-ray instead.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 13, 2013 9:25 AM   in reply to Jim Simon

I've been asking the same thing for sooo long.

I'm not sure if it's the import I'm doing wrong or the export. I notice that a lot of my editing friends who use FCP, that know much less about editing than me get a much clearer final product.

Is it that final cut has a clearer final product or I'm just making a critical flaw in the process?

Here's some work: YouTube.com/SircusFilms vs YouTube.com/purplefilmsllc

I use the canon EOS 5d mark II, and most of my friends use the canon t3i.

Help me PLEASE.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 13, 2013 9:35 AM   in reply to qx3rd

I checked out portions of one video from each.  The Sircus clip looked sharper than the Purple, but this is most likely due to differences in the camera.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points