Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Re-sizing a shape - Rectangle tool

Mar 6, 2013 10:55 AM

Tags: #shape #re-sizing

I am using the rectangle tool to make a table for a docuement I am making in Illustrator CS6.

I am like 99.9999999% sure that in the past I have been able to drag out both sides or enlarge a whole shape (rectagle tool) with the select tool. I don't want to move each corner one by one with the direct select tool (think of how you enlarge shapes in like Micosoft Word by dragging out one corner). I feel like I probably have some setting turned off that is preventing me from this easy re-sizing. Any help is much apprecaiated, this is driving me nuts!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 6, 2013 11:14 AM   in reply to fiacono425

Fia,

What about holding Alt/Option while you drag?

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 6, 2013 11:14 AM   in reply to fiacono425

Cmd(Ctrl)-Shift-B is the toggle for Show/Hide Bounding Box. Is this what you are looking for?

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 6, 2013 11:19 AM   in reply to fiacono425

Fia,

(think of how you enlarge shapes in like Micosoft Word by dragging out one corner)

(Un)fortunately, some of us have no clue.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 6, 2013 1:47 PM   in reply to fiacono425

fiacono,

That just duplicated the shape.

Not if you select the object and then drag from the centre of the side (the (black) arrow turns into two small opposite arrows when you are there, even without the Smart Guides who just say path). It is true that if you hold Alt/Option when dragging from anywhere else, you duplicate.

The 99.9999999% showed that you had had it working before, so I knew you knew about the centre had it been the Alt/Option you were thinking of.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points