Skip navigation
MaryZebra
Currently Being Moderated

drag and drop picture frames in Photoshop Elements 11 from one file to another?

Mar 6, 2013 12:08 PM

Tags: #photoshop #elements #frames #11

Hello,

I am a digital scrapbooker.

I recently started using Adobe Photoshop Elements 11. I previously had been using Elements 7. I make extensive use of Picture Frames i.e "Basic Black 10px", and in Elements 7, it was very easy to drag and drop a picture frame from one file to another. (I use a separate file for each scrapbook page, and I often move pictures between  pages as I scrap them)

In Photoshop Elementa 11,  I can drag and drop a picture frame from one file to another, but ONLY if there is no picture in it. If there is a picture, I cannot drag and drop - the circle-slash icon appears showing that it won't land. I was able to do this in Photoshop Elements 7, whether or not there was a picture in the frame.

Any ideas of what I might be doing wrong, or did Photoshop Elements change this functionality?

Thank you!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 6, 2013 12:39 PM   in reply to MaryZebra

Try copying the frame and using File>Place. Does that work any better for you?

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 6, 2013 6:34 PM   in reply to MaryZebra

I think this might be a bug in pse 11, at least on the windows version.

You might try right clicking on the frame layer in the layers panel, choose Duplicate Frame Layer and pick your other document as the destination.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points