Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

pixelated desktop icon

Mar 6, 2013 2:14 PM

I asked this question once before but did not get a solution. If I save an image from pse the desktop icon of this image is pixelated. See attached before and after.  How can I fix this?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 6, 2013 8:40 PM   in reply to Neal Tobochnik

Do not see any attachments here.

Also when you are saving from PSE what are the file settings you make like format, quality, size etc.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 6, 2013 8:58 PM   in reply to Neal Tobochnik

What is file  width and height? You can check from Image->Resize->Image size.

Also still do not see any file. You can upload to any other public site if not confidential.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 8, 2013 12:40 AM   in reply to Neal Tobochnik

Seems like your document size is really big. a normal A4 has a size of 8.5*11 in and it seems like your image is too smal on that document and hence shown as pixelated. Try resizing the document to image size numbers and check sacing it.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 8, 2013 4:32 AM   in reply to Neal Tobochnik

I tried creating a new file from File->New of the same size of your image. Then pasted one of the my images of similar size and saved as JPEG with default settings with 8 quality and baseline (standard) choosen and it worked fine.

Also check that under Edit->Preferences->Saving files - Image Previews is not never save.

Let me know.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 8, 2013 12:13 PM   in reply to Neal Tobochnik

To upload a photo you must come to the forum's web page and use the camera icon above the message composition area;

Screen Shot 2013-03-08 at 3.12.44 PM.png

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 10, 2013 10:17 PM   in reply to Neal Tobochnik

Thanks Neal. Glad you got it resolved. Please mark this answer as Correct/Helpful so when other users search it would be easy for them to reach here and get instant solution.

-Garry

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points