Skip navigation
mackeys
Currently Being Moderated

Please help, InDesign CS6 (cloud) keeps crashing on OS 10.8.2

Mar 6, 2013 3:22 PM

Tags: #crash #cloud #indesign_cs6

It happens after I open a file and try do just about anything, modify a photo, add text, move an object, the most basic tasks on simple one-page documents. I've tried all the recommendations I can find including verifying fonts, deleting preferences, checking for updates, etc. and though I've tried all those things, InDesign still won't allow me to do anything. I've spent all day trying to troubleshoot and I have I'm desperate to get it working. I have two major deadlines. Any help you can provide would be extremely appreciated!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 6, 2013 4:04 PM   in reply to mackeys

Please post your crash report on Pastebin.com and put a link to it here. It might hold a clue.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 6, 2013 4:13 PM   in reply to mackeys

Looks like a problem in the Control panel. I think a reinstall is in order...

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 6, 2013 4:23 PM   in reply to mackeys

Why not?

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 6, 2013 4:54 PM   in reply to mackeys

Did you try the cleaner tool befor the reinstall? CS Cleaner Tool for installation problems | CCM, CS6, CS5.5, CS5, CS4, CS3

Any utilities or other programs running in the background that might be a conflict?

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 7, 2013 5:46 AM   in reply to mackeys

Not sure waht that is, but it looks like it is non-fatal and perhaps is just a warning that the install wiped out a previous crash log.

Do things run?

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 7, 2013 6:34 AM   in reply to mackeys

Do you have a new crash report?

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 7, 2013 6:36 AM   in reply to Peter Spier

I'm thinking, too that this is an "external" problem caused by some other software you have installed. Are you running any kind of utilities? How about a font manager? Browser open? Mail?

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 7, 2013 7:15 AM   in reply to mackeys

Crash seems to be the same.

Have we tried creating a new User to see if it works? And what about if you boot into safe mode (hold down the shift key to keep extensions from loading)? Those experiments might point in a direction worth pursuing.

By the way, and lurkers with an idea are more than welcome to jump in anytime...

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 1, 2013 11:15 AM   in reply to mackeys

Hi Mackey - I keep having the same problem - was there ever any solution for you? I'm in middle of work day and I don't know what to do - can't get any of the InDesign Files to work, like you said, everytime I start any task it crashes...

thanks

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 1, 2013 11:39 AM   in reply to mackeys

ok - thanks so much! I really regret joining the cloud now, because of course I am in the middle of new jobs for many books - all in InDesign 6 and I'm totally f***ed... I can't tell my client, "sorry" everything we've done is no longer usable and we have to start over and right now there is no solution from Adobe" ugh. I can't even seem to get support to help.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 1, 2013 11:42 AM   in reply to obuu

Question: Is this Mountain Lion install a clean install (or a new machine) or an upgrade install?

Bob

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 1, 2013 12:01 PM   in reply to mackeys

I'm also in OSX 10.8.3

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 1, 2013 12:17 PM   in reply to mackeys

Upgrade installs of operating systems are nothing short of a crapshoot

and contrary to what the marketing machine in Cupertino will tell you

there is no way you can eliminate that as the cause of your problems.

I'd deactivate the software, wipe the harddrive and do a clean install

of Mountain Lion and then a clean install of your Creative Cloud apps.

Bob

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 1, 2013 1:06 PM   in reply to mackeys

Let us know how you make out.

Bob

mackeys <mailto:forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Monday, April 1, 2013 3:21 PM

>

Re: Please help, InDesign CS6 (cloud) keeps crashing on OS 10.8.2

created by mackeys <http://forums.adobe.com/people/mackeys> in

/InDesign/ - View the full discussion

<http://forums.adobe.com/message/5196905#5196905

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 2, 2013 8:44 AM   in reply to Bob Levine

Hey Mackeys,

I'm not sure what exactly you are doing in InDesign, but I had to find some sort of work-around because I don't have time to rebuild my system or rebuild 5 books with over 100 pages of styling and layout - and I'm sure you have deadlines as well... anyway, I EXPORTED the InDesigne Files as IDMLs (note: not the same as SAVING AS IDMLs - which doesn't work). Then I OPENED the files into InDesign CS4 - flowed in all the elements I needed for layout, RESAVED with a new File Name. Then I opened the new CS4 Doc into CS6 and I've been able to work on them...  I hope this helps you in some way. THANKS so much for posting this problem in the first place. There is definitely a Bug in CS6 (cloud). I'm going to ask all of my friends that Design Books at One of the Big Companies and see if they are having the same problem because I know they are using CS6. I'm just not sure if they are doing it via the Cloud, which may shed some light.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 2, 2013 10:27 AM   in reply to mackeys

wow - this really sucks - I'm amazed at your patience! Try the EXPORT IDML - and also after you Resave in CS4, re-open it in CS6 - I'm just curious to see if that works for you too... good luck!

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 2, 2013 1:37 PM   in reply to mackeys

... for f*ck sakes!! I'm so glad - it's still a pain. I have heard back from friends at one of the biggest publishers. They offered some work-arounds for issues they're having - which sound good (for type, flow text bugs they've encountered) but the interesting part -all their upgrades are from Traditional Disc Install and no one uses the Cloud Software.... and no one is Crashing...

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points