Skip navigation
urcphoto
Currently Being Moderated

How can I get my images and header to show correctly on my website?

Mar 6, 2013 4:16 PM

Tags: #no #x #images #links #header #layout #red

Hi Guys, I need your help big time!

I’m very new to Dreamweaver (cs4) so please excuse my lack of technical verbiage.

I’m trying to create a link to the “NW” on this page: http://unionresourcecenter.com/mi/macomb/

As you can see once you click on the “NW” it takes you to an index page: http://unionresourcecenter.com/mi/macomb/nwmacomb/

However, I need that index page to look like this one: http://unionresourcecenter.com/mi/montcalm_gratiot_ionia/

You will notice the difference between the current index and the one I need to replicate is that the images and header do not show except for a red x in the corner.

Pretty much everything else is the same.

The odd thing is when I create the “nwmacomb” file outside of “macomb” the index looks perfect. It’s not until I bring the “nwmacomb” file into the “macomb” file that the index changes (side photos and header disappear).

I’m totally out of ideas, I’ve tried deleting and re-making the files but that doesn’t work.

If you have any suggestions or fixes I would love to hear it.

I appreciate your time and your help!!!!

Thank You.  

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 6, 2013 4:24 PM   in reply to urcphoto

When you put pages into sub-folders or sub sub-folders, you must adjust the path to images and other assets accordingly.  The good news is that DW typically does this for you, providing you're working within a defined local site folder.  If DW isn't doing this for you, go to Site > Manage Sites > New > and tell DW where your site folder is located on your hard drive.

DW-CS6-LocalSiteFolderDef.jpg

Nancy O.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 6, 2013 4:27 PM   in reply to urcphoto

Your paths to your CSS files and other resources like images are not correct. This suggests that you may have either not setup your site correctly, or more likely, have moved this page to a new location outside of DW. In other words, if you moved or copied the page from the mi folder into macomb folder from within DW, DW would have recalcuated the links. If you moved it manually with a different tool (Windows Explorer for example), then the links will be wrong.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 6, 2013 4:41 PM   in reply to urcphoto

How did you create the page that's in the  macomb/nwmacomb directory? Did you copy any code from another page?

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 6, 2013 4:48 PM   in reply to urcphoto

DW will recalculate the links if you move a file, but not if you copy code from one page to another.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 7, 2013 9:21 AM   in reply to urcphoto

You could update all of the links manually, or try this. Create a temporary folder under the mi folder

/mi/temp

From outside of DW, move the affected page to that new folder. Then, from within DW, move it back to the
    /mi/macomb/nwmacomb/ folder. Answer YES when DW  prompts you to update the links.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 7, 2013 9:26 AM   in reply to urcphoto

Double click on image in Design View.  Select a new source file.  DW will re-adjust the paths for you.

Nancy O.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points