Skip navigation
RickTuckerUSA
Currently Being Moderated

Can't see InDesign FAQ here - "not allowed"

Mar 6, 2013 4:16 PM

Tags: #indesign #access #cs6 #faq

I'm logged in to forums.adobe.com (obviously since I am posting now) but when I click on the FAQ for InDesign, I get the message:

It appears you're not allowed to view what you requested. You might contact your administrator if you think this is a mistake.

The URL for that attempted click shows as http://forums.adobe.com/community/indesign/faq?promoid=KBHJE . Don't know what that promoid came from.

It's been a "challenging" day for me on my first day learning to use InDesign, including InDesign crashing on my 12 GB memory Mac Pro on my second page with really basic content and a couple of simple styles.

This wasn't what I was intending to post as my first post, but here it is!  Onto my real question in a separate post.

- Rick

Replies
  • John Hawkinson
    5,572 posts
    Jun 25, 2009
    Mar 6, 2013 4:22 PM   in reply to RickTuckerUSA

It's been a "challenging" day for me on my first day learning to use InDesign, including InDesign crashing on my 12 GB memory Mac Pro on my second page with really basic content and a couple of simple styles.

Please do upload your crash report to http://pastebin.com/ and post a link here and we'll try to decode it for you.

|
    Mark as:
  • John Hawkinson
    5,572 posts
    Jun 25, 2009
    Mar 6, 2013 4:34 PM   in reply to RickTuckerUSA

You can dredge them up from Console.app in ~/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports.

While sending them to Adobe is good to do, it won't get you a personal response. Those are generally just used for aggregate statistic and determining how to prioritize engineering resources ("What are the top ten crashing bugs?").

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points