Skip navigation
madtrex123
Currently Being Moderated

Body Background issue...

Mar 6, 2013 8:46 PM

Tags: #background #dreamweaver

Hi,

Firstly I apologise if my description of my problem is not accurate as I am relatively new to Dreamweaver.  I have uploaded all my images to photobucket and then transferred the links to my stylesheet and html.  Every image appears fine but the body background is not fitting/appearing properly.  It is the same image I had in my folder on my desktop which appeared great when I linked it to my site but when I uploaded it to photobucket and used their link it doesnt fit properly anymore.  I have been trawling the web for a solution but fter a few hours have had no success...please help!!!  Thank you.

Replies
  • Sudarshan Thiagarajan
    4,000 posts
    Oct 15, 2010
    Mar 6, 2013 9:04 PM   in reply to madtrex123

Can you post a web link so we can see what may be going wrong?

|
    Mark as:
  • Sudarshan Thiagarajan
    4,000 posts
    Oct 15, 2010
    Mar 6, 2013 9:13 PM   in reply to madtrex123

Do you have a domain name/ web server somewhere that you host your files with? Like www.madtrex.com or something like that? If so, you can upload your files there using a FTP client and give us an URL so we can check on the web.

Or yes, you can post your HTML & CSS code here to start with. You could also use www.pastebin.com to paste the code, generate a link and paste that link here so we can check.

|
    Mark as:
  • Sudarshan Thiagarajan
    4,000 posts
    Oct 15, 2010
    Mar 6, 2013 9:28 PM   in reply to madtrex123

I guess you're referring to the background-image of 'paws' not covering the full height of body area?

If so, Line 3171 of your code:

#paw {

background-image: url(http://i575.photobucket.com/albums/ss197/Madtrex/000%20Ebay%20Template /paw.png);

height: 1700px;

width: 100%;

}

Remove the line that I've struck off (height value). It will work the way it should.

|
    Mark as:
  • Sudarshan Thiagarajan
    4,000 posts
    Oct 15, 2010
    Mar 6, 2013 9:55 PM   in reply to madtrex123

The image that shows here does not exist: http://i575.photobucket.com/albums/ss197/Madtrex/000%20Ebay%20Template /body-bg.jpg

Other than that, the code you currently have (at least showed me via Pastebin) has a picasaweb image link which wont load publicly.

Also, I see a lot of your DIV tags are improperly formed. You may want to validate your current code through W3 validator: http://validator.w3.org/

|
    Mark as:
  • Sudarshan Thiagarajan
    4,000 posts
    Oct 15, 2010
    Mar 6, 2013 10:31 PM   in reply to madtrex123

The problem does lie in one of your tags being invalid. Fix that and it should work. Either way, you're supposed to clean and fix your markup.

One example - Div ID is a unique identifier and should be used once per page. In your case, there are 2 IDs with 'main' - which itself will lead to a lot of confusion.

Other than that, majority of issues I see is with your DIVs not being closed properly. It wont take you more than 30 minutes to fix these. This way, you can save that ~70hours of work you've put in from going to waste.

Anybody else on this forum will say the same thing - Validate and fix your code first.

Good luck.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 7, 2013 5:51 AM   in reply to Sudarshan Thiagarajan

I'll say it differently. It makes no sense to devote any time or effort in debugging a layout on a page that does not validate. Would you agree?

|
    Mark as:
  • Sudarshan Thiagarajan
    4,000 posts
    Oct 15, 2010
    Mar 7, 2013 6:08 AM   in reply to MurraySummers

+1

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...