Skip navigation
changeco1
Currently Being Moderated

Getting going with Adobe Drive 4

Mar 7, 2013 8:20 AM

So we're looking for a Digital Asset Management system. Since we use the Master Collection, times 14, so an Adobe solution would be great!

We found Adobe Drive 4 to be a perfect fit for us...

However getting started has been a pain in the ***....

We have a Mac Pro, with 2 x quadcore 3.2's, 32 GB of RAM, 1 x 256GB SSD, 26 TB eSATA and Firewire 800 connectors... Installed on it is the Master Collection, OSX Server and Adobe Drive, that's it!

Fast forward to yesterday as my ip address, 10.0.0.108, as I type in the Adobe CQ Digital Asset Management details, server url, username, password, desplay name, I get the following error...

"The server could not be connected"

com.adobe.drive.connector.api.exception.RemoteSystemNotFoundException: Failed to connect repository

I've tried everything I can think of to get Adobe Drive 4 connected so I can get our assests under control... I'm at my wits end an need help getting this up and running..

PLEASE!

Ted

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 11, 2013 10:20 AM   in reply to changeco1

First, here is a link to the Adobe Drive help documentation: http://helpx.adobe.com/drive.html

Do you already have Adobe CQ DAM rolled out? Since you can connect to your Adobe CQ DAM via the browser, I believe the answer is yes, but want to confirm. What version of the DAM are you using?

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 11, 2013 11:15 AM   in reply to changeco1

You’ll need to identify an asset management system to work with…either from Adobe or a number of outside vendors. To fully enable the Adobe Drive connection to a DAM server, one needs an Adobe Drive plug-in (what we call connectors) to interface with the DAM. Adobe Drive includes a connector that is designed to work with Adobe’s CQ DAM, now Adobe Experience Manager DAM. We also include a generic CMIS compliant connector that will work with servers that implement the Content Management Interoperability Services (CMIS) specification. There are also custom connectors available from third-party vendors that are designed to work with their DAM systems.

If you are interested in learning more about the Adobe Experience Manager DAM, go here.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points