Skip navigation
CavalloImpennato
Currently Being Moderated

EncoreCS6: PGC Error ! It's a big BUG!

Mar 7, 2013 8:58 AM

Tags: #encorecs6 #pgc_error #importing_chapters_in_encore_cs6

Dear Adobe,

I successfully installed the CS6-Master-Collection-Suite.

Anyones I try to import in EncoreCS6, my videoclips, edited and converted with PremiereProCS6, with MPEG2-DVD Preset with Encore Chapters and .xmp files, I get all the times, this PGC error:

" Errore PGC "Amazzonia_01" in 01:12:09:05.

errore runtime: %0 - Informazione PGC: nome=Amazzonia_01, rif = Dpgc, ora = 01:12:09:05 "

The only solution of this issue is to delete the ".xmpses" and ".xmp" information files, from attached .mpg videofile output from PremiereProCS6, and recreate the Chapters manually in EncoreCS6 !!!

This is ridicolous !

This is a big BUG !

My Workstation:

MOTHERBOARD: ASRock P5B-DE - Socket 775

CPU: Intel Core2Quad Q9650 - 4 Cores

RAM: DDR2 - 8GB - 800MHz Kingston ValueRam

HDD: x2 WesternDigital Caviar Blue 500GB 7200RPM

VGA: GeForce 9400GT

PSU: Corsair HX520W Modular

(This system run perfectly from 4 years with CS3+CS4+CS5 MasterCollectionSuite, and I have not had any problems so far, with no software!)

Please hurry response me!

It's urgent!

Dario Cavallo.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 7, 2013 9:22 AM   in reply to CavalloImpennato

>Dear Adobe

This is a user to user forum, with the space provided by Adobe, not Adobe support

Go back to http://forums.adobe.com/community/encore/encore_general

In the area just under Ask a Question, type in

pgc

You may now read all the previous discussions of your error... be sure to click the See More Results at the bottom of the initial, short list

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 25, 2013 1:07 AM   in reply to CavalloImpennato

Hello.

I tried to recreate the error you were having.  I opened a video file in Premiere and then manually added Encore chapter markers.  Then I exported using the mpeg2-dvd preset like you.  That produced an .m2v file and a .wav file for the video and audio respectively.  At this point I tried 2 methods:

1)  I went to the File > Adobe Dynamic Link > Send to Encore option listed in Premiere.  This brought it straight into Encore with no issues, and the chapter markers were still included.

2)  I opened Encore manually and started a new project.  I added the .m2v and .wav files as assets and even doing that my chapter markers were still intact in Encore.  No PGC error like you received.

How long is the video that you're trying to bring into Encore?  Also, how many chapter markers do you have?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points