Skip navigation
HalgorKrunk
Currently Being Moderated

How do I remove a black border from my 4:3 ratio movie, which only uses 4:3 ratio images?

Mar 7, 2013 10:11 AM

Tags: #black #images #border #powerpoint #ratio #4:3

Hello,

I'm using Adobe Premiere Elements 9. I have an audio file from a teleconference call and I am using images exported from a 4:3 PowerPoint presentation to create a video of the presentation. The image files are .tiff files, 960x720. This is the only type of file I am using to create this video.

I really need to get rid of the large black border which appears on ALL sides (left, right, as well as top and bottom) whenever I export. Exporting as flv, mpg or avi has no change. I also tried .png images, no change. Any ideas??

Thanks!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 7, 2013 10:13 AM   in reply to HalgorKrunk

What is the Project's Frame Size Preset?

How will you need to Export/Share that PrE Project?

Good luck, and let us know a bit more, please.

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 7, 2013 10:49 AM   in reply to HalgorKrunk

My guess is that the 1280 x 720 was the last Project Preset used, and was still there, when you chose New Project.

As for your output, will you be outputting an SD (Standard Def), or HD (High-Def) file for uploading?

Do you ONLY have the TIFF Still Images, or are you mixing in any Video?

The Frame Size difference, between the 960 x 720, and the 1280 x 720 will cause black borders. The two choices are to use the 1280 x 720 Project, and then use Motion>Scale to increase the Scale of your TIFF's. Note that the Aspect Ratio of those TIFF's does not match the 1280 x 720, so to get rid of ALL black borders, you will Scale up the TIFF, and effectively crop your TIFF's. If there is no margin on your TIFF's, that can be a problem.

As PrE only supports standard Video Frame Sizes, there will not be one that matches the 960 x 720.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 7, 2013 12:40 PM   in reply to HalgorKrunk

I would start a New Project, with the NTSC or PAL (depending on where you live), DV Preset, which will be 720 x 480 (NTSC), or 720 x 576 (PAL), with either 4:3 Standard, or 16:9 Widescreen (the pixel x pixel dimensions are the same, but different width pixels are used to attain the Standard, or Widescreen look.

Then, you have two options:

Import those TIF's anew, or get a Clipboard "Extender," Like ClipMate. With that Clipboard Extender, you could Open you old Project, do a Ctrl+A (Seclect All), then Ctrl+C (Copy). Close that Project, open the DV Project, and Ctrl+V (Paste) into that. You cannot do the Copy/Paste, without the Clipboard Extender.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points