Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Create menus

Mar 7, 2013 11:00 PM

At one time i could open, set up, create menus, now I cant find it....  anyone know where they went?  (Pre elements 11)

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 8, 2013 5:36 AM   in reply to P1965

You can customize the background, fonts and text colors right in the Premiere Elements's Movie Menu Adjustments workspace. Is that what you're talking about?

To truly customize a menu or modify a template file, you'll need to open a template in Photoshop or Photoshop Elements. In version 11, this is an especially challenging manuever, since the templates only download to your computer as you select and apply them -- and there are some special things you need to do that you didn't have to do in previous versions. It's not for the feint of heart.

But I do give detailed instructions for doing so in my Photoshop Elements/Premiere Elements 11 combined book.

I've also created a 2-part tutorial describing how to do it for subscribers at http://Muvipix.com.

http://muvipix.com/products.php?subcat_id=46

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 8, 2013 7:55 AM   in reply to P1965

To add DVD/BD Menus, go to Tools>Movie Menus, from the lower Toolbar. That will bring up the DVD/BD Menu Library, and the Menu Adjustment Panel.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 8, 2013 9:50 AM   in reply to P1965

Only by modifying the template in Photoshop, as in my first post.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 8, 2013 1:27 PM   in reply to Steve Grisetti

As Steve points out, that is possible from the Menu design Panel. One exception, that can be very important, is that most Menu Set Templates have a Text Object, that can be easily altered. That Text is but a graphic on the Menu. Buttons, howerer, are a slightly different matter. If one changes the Text in a Button (will be part of that Button's Layer Set), adding more Text can create a problem. By the DVD-specs., Buttons cannot overlap, even by 1 pixel, so if one adds Text to a Button, and makes it large enough to overlap any other Button, the Menu will not function.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points