Skip navigation
mizpat2
Currently Being Moderated

why are my logo elements suddenly uneditable?

Mar 7, 2013 11:15 PM

Tags: #illustrator #cs6 #uneditable #locked?

the logos i created are suddenly no longer editable, neither paths nor text! i can select each element with the selection tool but anchor points don't show up so i can't edit them, and i can't select the text itself to edit it. nothing's locked, i've ungrouped everything, i can see the specs for everything. yesterday i used save to web a couple of times. today i started recreating the logos and it happened again after i exported (not save to web) once or twice. and today i can select the paths, but they're no longer a single path but a tracing, as if it was bitmapped and then traced. but i haven't rasterized or traced. and the type is still unselectable and uneditable as type. it happened again after updating. i have since reinstalled and reupdated, but i still have to re-create all four logos - and it's possible it could happen again! as it is, one "unrasterized" version of the logos allows me to select the paths but doesn't show the anchor points - and still won't let me edit the text.

what bug is causing this, and is there a fix coming soon? this is totally unworkable!

Replies

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points